activatingcombatmode: <user name=kaibyakuirai> (pic#17762979)
Zack Fair ([personal profile] activatingcombatmode) wrote in [community profile] shellphones2026-07-06 07:04 pm

[open] 🐺 keep looping the rooms full of endless routes

Type: Text
Sender ID: activatingcombatmode (Zack Fair)
To: General Public.
Subject: What's even the point?
Warnings: Tba.

Have you ever thought about it?

What's the point? Why do Manta work when more work's just going to pile up? Why make the bed if you're just gonna get into it again? Why put the milk back in the ice box when you're gonna drink it again? Why try anything worthwhile? Why do anything? Who the hell needs heroes?

Screw it. Leave it out on the counter. Who gives a ship.


[Someone's feeling that dangerous lack of inspiration... At least he's got enough spark to make a stupid pun?]
afflatusexarch: (( ew ) g74)

text; un: noah

[personal profile] afflatusexarch 2026-07-07 01:24 am (UTC)(link)
Zack, where are you?
afflatusexarch: (( ew ) g34)

[personal profile] afflatusexarch 2026-07-07 01:29 am (UTC)(link)
Are you quite literally staring at the ceiling?
fatedmahou: 𝑫𝑡𝑺 (pic#14187287)

Sender: Fatedmahou

[personal profile] fatedmahou 2026-07-07 01:30 am (UTC)(link)
[What a text to recieve. Mirai didn't respond right away, trying to think about just what to even say. There were plenty of things going on back at home that made it easy to want to throw your hands in the air and give up. But considering her magic is fueled by hope, she's ever held fast to trying to see the bright side of things, even when everything seemed so dark.

She almost wondered if she should say anything. Did she have the right to? Hell, her goal was to make everyone happy and protect their well being, so that's enough to guide her hand.]


I... new here and I don't know how things work here just yet, but I can say this.

Why do Manta work? Even if it piles up again, aren't helping people in need? Isn't that reason enough to keep doing it? Why try anything worthwhile? Because despite what may come and not being able to predict the future, if something was worthwhile, I would not say that's a waste of time or effort. Your best efforts will always be worth something in my mind. Everyone needs somebody looking out for them. Nobody wants to truly be alone.


[She's encroaching dangerously into her own insecurities, but that's not something they need to talk about. Her feelings to matter in the face of someone else's suffering.]

I apologize if this is overstepping, but there is always meaning in dreaming of a better life.
notthateasybeing: (pic#18392026)

un: notthateasybeing

[personal profile] notthateasybeing 2026-07-07 01:34 am (UTC)(link)

hey bestie you haven't been having any weird visions lately have you? no fractals? creepy doppelgangers of loved ones you failed?

starshower: (temp 296)

[personal profile] starshower 2026-07-07 01:35 am (UTC)(link)
Zack? Everything alright?

Also, please tell me you're putting your milk back in the fridge when you're done drinking it.
empyrean_mirror: (128)

text; un: paradisaea

[personal profile] empyrean_mirror 2026-07-07 01:35 am (UTC)(link)
so

the last time I had thoughts like that I snapped and built a palace. Twice. And then was homeless for a month.

I'm pretty qualified to say you get up because there are beautiful things anyway.
Edited 2026-07-07 01:36 (UTC)
afflatusexarch: (( shb ) ex17)

[personal profile] afflatusexarch 2026-07-07 01:38 am (UTC)(link)
Can you do me a favor and get up off of the floor until I get there?
makoglow: (85)

tex; un: makoglow

[personal profile] makoglow 2026-07-07 01:44 am (UTC)(link)
You do it because you're the sort of guy who can't NOT do what you can.

It's what I always looked up to about you.
sparkstrikes: (292)

text; un: sparkstrikes... i'm sorry

[personal profile] sparkstrikes 2026-07-07 01:46 am (UTC)(link)
[Too bad she doesn't know about the whole malaise thing going on yet—]

Wow. Pretty shitty outlook and I know a lot of people that'd say that's saying something coming from me.

So the answer is to just leave messes around for other people to pick up?
empyrean_mirror: (49)

[personal profile] empyrean_mirror 2026-07-07 01:52 am (UTC)(link)
Doesn't have to literally be a palace. But there are things you can do better than I ever could, that's for certain.

These feelings don't last forever, Zack. The pendulum will swing back towards the light again, always does.
fatedmahou: π‘ͺ𝑹𝑬𝑫𝑰𝑻 𝑰𝑭 𝑼𝑺𝑬𝑫 (pic#14344108)

[personal profile] fatedmahou 2026-07-07 01:53 am (UTC)(link)
You ask me this, but I think I've lived the hardest thing I've ever done already. I may not exactly be in great shape at the moment, but I've lived this long despite it all. I've come this far because I believed in my dreams that things would get better.

[That's a vague way of saying, "She's still alive because she hoped she could save her home from destruction," but that's not something that specifically needs to come out. And especially not in a text. It's not a fun conversation to have, talking about her home.]

Yeah, times are tough and it's easy to give into despair, but I've made it this fair despite that. I think... the same could likely be said for you. I don't think any of it was a waste of time.
astudyinviolet: Sherlock with an arm over his eyes (The Muse From Abroad)

text | un: astudyinviolet

[personal profile] astudyinviolet 2026-07-07 01:53 am (UTC)(link)
I wonder this every time I fail at something important. Why am I even trying anymore?
makoglow: (56)

[personal profile] makoglow 2026-07-07 01:53 am (UTC)(link)
Since when?

I'm not that nice of a guy and we both know it.

Maybe you just need a ride or a spar to clear your head.
notthateasybeing: (pic#18519740)

[personal profile] notthateasybeing 2026-07-07 01:54 am (UTC)(link)

sometimes! sometimes you're awake. if it doesnt sound familiar then you have nothing to worry about, i was just checking :) for real tho i'm pretty familiar with the feeling, if you need somebody to talk to. i don't judge!

Page 1 of 13