esquim: (coe33lune-92)
Lune ([personal profile] esquim) wrote in [community profile] shellphones2026-06-10 04:59 am
Entry tags:

(no subject)

Type: Text
Sender ID: esquim (Lune)
To: All
Subject: Survey Questions
Warnings: None so far


I have a few points of data I'd like to collect and I was hoping to enlist some volunteers to answer a few short questions. Any knowledge is potentially valuable, so don't hold back.

1. How many people do you estimate you've known here that have returned to their world?
(1.A) Did any of them return?
(1.B) Did they retain their memories?

2. How many people have arrived here from your own world?
(2.A) How many were from a different time than you?
(2.B) Were there any other differences of note?

3. Have you ever left and returned? Describe the experience.

Feel free to include anything else you wish to if you feel it pertains to the topic.
seemagicshit: (hmmm)

[personal profile] seemagicshit 2026-06-11 01:05 am (UTC)(link)
[Hope this doesn't skew your results but...]

1. No fucking clue.

2. Nope, just me.

3. Not that I know of.
seemagicshit: (about that)

[personal profile] seemagicshit 2026-06-16 01:56 am (UTC)(link)
Recently. So I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Do people from the same place come in groups if they do at all?
astudyinviolet: Scruffy Sherlock looking our the window (⩑ A Problem of Logic)

text | un: astudyinviolet

[personal profile] astudyinviolet 2026-06-11 06:35 am (UTC)(link)
1. I am unable to give even an estimate. I have been here for years now. People have come and gone. There are likely more I had not realized were riftfarers and are now gone.

2. None. However, there were two from a remarkably similar world despite it not being the same world as mine. They were from an earlier time, and there were many differences. Yet, we could not deny the connection between our worlds. Both left this world at the same time and have not returned.

3. No.
astudyinviolet: Sherlock from behind looking at the Holmes Family portrait (⩑ The Holmes Family Mystery)

text | un: astudyinviolet

[personal profile] astudyinviolet 2026-06-13 11:53 pm (UTC)(link)
I take it you would rather say in this world than your own then.

The man in question was my older brother but not the older brother I knew. Likewise, I was his younger brother but not the younger brother he knew.

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-06-16 05:39 (UTC) - Expand

text | un: astudyinviolet

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-06-18 07:42 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-06-19 07:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-06-22 06:02 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-06-25 08:02 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-06-27 00:28 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-06-30 05:43 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-07-04 06:35 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] astudyinviolet - 2026-07-08 09:07 (UTC) - Expand
sunsetking: (114)

[personal profile] sunsetking 2026-06-12 12:56 am (UTC)(link)
1. Only one.

2. Three others roughly around the same time.

3. Yes. Not that you'd remember anything back in your world, anyway, once you leave this place.
sunsetking: (004)

[personal profile] sunsetking 2026-06-12 11:47 pm (UTC)(link)
Far as I know.

[He's done a poor job in actually keeping check.]

The most you'd probably get is vague dreams, but otherwise, yeah. Spoke to others who didn't remember a thing when they went back home then came back here.

(no subject)

[personal profile] sunsetking - 2026-06-14 19:30 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] sunsetking - 2026-06-17 00:25 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] sunsetking - 2026-06-19 23:46 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] sunsetking - 2026-06-26 00:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] sunsetking - 2026-06-28 05:57 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] sunsetking - 2026-07-05 16:18 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] sunsetking - 2026-07-11 01:25 (UTC) - Expand
incensor: (Default)

text;

[personal profile] incensor 2026-06-12 09:36 pm (UTC)(link)
i'm not aware of anyone that's left this world
no one from my world has ever arrived here, at least that i'm aware of
i've only been here for about 8 weeks and never before now
so my data may not count for as much as someone residing here for a year or more but i hope it helps
incensor: (pic#13602069)

[personal profile] incensor 2026-06-14 02:44 pm (UTC)(link)
for some of them it will be obvious if they do
i also haven't heard of anyone existing here before
but there are billions of people living in my world. it's quite possible someone is around and i just don't know it

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-15 02:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-15 21:51 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-16 03:53 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-16 05:09 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-17 03:10 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-18 03:06 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-22 21:10 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-23 01:55 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-25 01:37 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-27 00:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-27 16:02 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-06-30 14:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] incensor - 2026-07-03 11:14 (UTC) - Expand
indispensable: (consulting.)

text; un: vulturvolans

[personal profile] indispensable 2026-06-13 10:41 am (UTC)(link)
[Well since she answered his survey, Alhaitham will return the favor.]

1) Several. More than 5, at the very least.
1.A) 2 of them have returned here afterwards.
1.B) One retained their memories, the other did not.

2) Counting the ones who have returned to our world since, 9.
2.A) Not everyone's timeline has been accounted for, but there was an initial discrepancy between me and my husband. Both of us were also behind several others for a while.
2.B) Majority of the people who come from my world are based at a specific nation.

3. Multiple times. You return to your world in the exact moment that you were brought here in the first place, and you have no memories of anything about this place or your experiences here. But they come back when you are here again, as if they never left. It does feel somewhat disorienting each time it happens.
indispensable: (strategizing.)

[personal profile] indispensable 2026-06-15 01:49 pm (UTC)(link)
The one who kept their memories was from my world, though I doubt that has any relevance.

As far as I can tell there's nothing unique about Teyvat that would attract attention. There are people here with greater power than any of us, from worlds that sound much more fantastical.

As for the peculiar concentration of people from Fontaine, the only link there is is the fact that the nation has always been closely tied to water via the Hydro Archon's presence. Though if that were the case, it would seem more likely that this place would have instead pulled in people with Hydro Visions.

Yes. Aside from our initial arrival the very first time, since then my husband and I have always left and returned together.

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-06-21 14:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-06-24 05:33 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-06-28 18:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-07-06 16:46 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-07-07 16:05 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-07-10 17:43 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-07-15 17:15 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] indispensable - 2026-07-19 14:31 (UTC) - Expand
haveaflare: by <user name="messala"> (-037-)

un: haveaflare

[personal profile] haveaflare 2026-06-14 04:07 pm (UTC)(link)
I shall do my best to answer.

I. I have known a few, three or four, who have left. I have known none of them to return, at least not as of yet.

II. Including myself, I know of eight individuals who have come here from my own star, and of those eight, four have departed, though two have returned. We are from different times, yes, but with only two exceptions, it is my understanding it is from the point of our deaths.

III. I am one such individual who has departed and returned, though I do not retain my my memories of the time. Others here did, though, and it made for at times awkward reunions. The other from my own star who has returned did retain his memories, but it is my understanding while time passed since his departure here, his absence from our own star was not perceived by the residents thereof.

I hope this may be of some use to you.
Edited 2026-06-14 16:09 (UTC)
haveaflare: by <user name="messala"> (-030-)

[personal profile] haveaflare 2026-06-19 02:41 pm (UTC)(link)
I have not, but Joshua, another who hails from my star, has. I have ready access to his documents.

It is, indeed, and one for which I am ever grateful.

Mayhap it is a result of the magic managing the rifts. As I understand it, they are at times unstable and prone to eratic behavior.

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-06-24 00:20 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-01 03:01 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-03 05:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-06 04:32 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-07 04:42 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-10 17:02 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-12 18:56 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-15 23:36 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] haveaflare - 2026-07-17 12:28 (UTC) - Expand
verboaten: (amethyst ;; hands in pocket)

un: verboaten | text

[personal profile] verboaten 2026-06-22 04:23 am (UTC)(link)
1. A decent amount. People coming and going happens frequently enough.
1a. At least one, yeah.
1b. When they came back here, yeah, but I can't say if they recalled anything back in their own world or not.

2. Two.
2a. Both of them.
2b. Not that I know of.

3. It's hard to describe if only because there's nothing to really describe. I hadn't realized I'd gone anywhere. If anything, I felt as though I'd spaced out for a moment but little else.
verboaten: (amethyst ;; that so?)

[personal profile] verboaten 2026-06-23 11:51 pm (UTC)(link)
More frequent meaning some people didn't get their memories of this place back when they came back?

Aye, all of us were from different timepoints. One of them left ages ago; the other is still here.

You could say that again. Realizing you forgot so much and being none the wiser to any of it wasn't exactly pleasant.

(no subject)

[personal profile] verboaten - 2026-06-25 02:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] verboaten - 2026-06-26 16:34 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] verboaten - 2026-06-29 03:30 (UTC) - Expand