seasaltkeys: (so done)
seasaltkeys ([personal profile] seasaltkeys) wrote in [community profile] shellphones2026-09-03 11:31 am
Entry tags:

text;

How do I get the numbers to work? I don't know if I've done it right.

[There's an image of a Character Sheet and a lot of (probably unnecessary) calculations scribbled on it.]

How's anyone supposed to come up with a name?

[He's trying.]
phoenixdominant: <user name=sheme> (pic#16608233)

text;

[personal profile] phoenixdominant 2026-09-04 01:13 am (UTC)(link)
Are you, by any chance, attempting to create a character for that new game everyone seems to be talking about? Wyverns & Wanderers, was it?

I am new to the game as well, but it seems like you might be overcomplicating the set up, only a little.

Let's start with what kind of character you might be making? What is it's class?
phoenixdominant: <user name=sheme> (pic#16608309)

[personal profile] phoenixdominant 2026-09-07 07:44 pm (UTC)(link)
Perhaps I can help you with the numbers, next.

A Fighter, then? One that simply uses weapons? That is a good start. You won't have to worry about spell slots or spell saving throws. Just your strength and dexterity. And a favourite weapon type.
weisshappened: (want to go for a hike?)

text; un: weisshappened

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-04 05:04 am (UTC)(link)
I'm not the best with numbers, but - if you want a name, I could probably come up with some I didn't use for Assan.

If you don't mind them all in Elvish.
weisshappened: (don't make him chop more wood)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-06 05:23 am (UTC)(link)
Let me see how many I can remember...

Durgen - stone (for his coloring)
Harel - trick (he kept pretending no one fed him when they did)
Somniari - dreamer (not my idea)
Adahl - tree (he tried to fly into them a lot)

Vora'shivan - hummingbird (didn't pick this for him, it was a friend of mine back home. Her nickname.)
weisshappened: (hi son im dad)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-08 04:11 am (UTC)(link)
A lot of good Dalish words for him.

"Arrow". You see him drop out of the sky, it works.
weisshappened: (that's my one dad joke)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-10 05:19 am (UTC)(link)
Hah, thanks.

Well, at least you can always change the name later, if it's a character, right?
weisshappened: (don't make him chop more wood)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-11 05:20 am (UTC)(link)
Hm. Guess if it comes down to it, and you find one you like better later on... it's not like people don't change their names.

Someone I know went by "Rook" the whole time I knew them. Wasn't their original name, they just picked it up.


[Thanks to Varric, but point stands.]

Not saying you have to change it. But maybe that'd take some of the pressure off.
weisshappened: (deeply focused on my woodwork)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-14 04:48 am (UTC)(link)
You are. If you find one that works, great. But it's not written in the stones.

Not that I know of. Maybe sometimes. But not that I've ever heard.
weisshappened: (did manfred just say fuck?)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-16 06:25 am (UTC)(link)
Complicated? Like how?
weisshappened: (hopefully before the tentacles)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-17 06:22 am (UTC)(link)
It can be hard to adjust to change, yeah. I get that.

But what do you mean - got his heart back?
weisshappened: (why's it always darkspawn)

[personal profile] weisshappened 2026-09-21 05:41 am (UTC)(link)
And hearts are... like souls, where you're from. Right?
starshower: (temp 255)

text!

[personal profile] starshower 2026-09-07 03:17 pm (UTC)(link)
Wait, are you trying out that new game that everyone's been excited about? What was it called again?
starshower: (temp 027)

[personal profile] starshower 2026-09-11 05:21 am (UTC)(link)
I tried reading up on it a little bit, honestly, but it was confusing for me, too. Thought it might be fun for the crew to try out when we've got time.

What have you got so far?
starshower: (temp 030)

[personal profile] starshower 2026-09-15 04:54 am (UTC)(link)
Fighters are the ones that use the swords, right? In this case, anyway.
starshower: (temp 068)

[personal profile] starshower 2026-09-18 04:00 am (UTC)(link)
The question is... is it better to go with something you do regularly or something new? I think it might be fun to try the wizard, given that I'm not one myself.
starshower: (temp 085)

[personal profile] starshower 2026-09-21 04:31 am (UTC)(link)
Well, show me what you've got so far. Maybe we can work it out together.